Cultural and educational activities of the library are aimed at facilitating the development of:
civil, political, professional culture of future specialists who are going to work in the sphere of education.
Cultural and educational activities are based on :
- Higher Education Act of Ukraine
- National doctrine of education development;
- State national “Education” program (Ukraine XXI Century)
- Decree of Ministry of Education of Ukraine dated January 23, 2004 “On the approval of an action plan concerning implementation of “ Bologna accords in the system of higher education and science of Ukraine”
- Concept of children and youth upbringing in the national system of education;
- Concept of state target reading skills development program for the period up to 2015;
- State target national cultural program aimed at creation of sole information library system named “Library XXI”;
- “Calendars of remarkable and memorable dates”;
- Plan of university scientific and research work;
- Educational plan and regulations of Educational department.
While carrying out the activities the priority is given to:
- civil education;
- ethic education;
- aesthetic education;
- professional education;
- physical education;
- healthy lifestyle training;
- ecological education.
All cultural and educational events carried out in 2011 were based on the unity of all spheres of student’s education. Basing on the primary tasks of university library, all cultural and educational events are aimed at efficient provision of library users with necessary information, support of educational and pedagogical process, building of intellectual, physical, moral, aesthetic personal qualities of the students as well as their pedagogical skills.
The following methods help to achieve the goals described above:
- books’ exhibitions;
- bibliographical reviews;
- themed and themed commented browsing;
- discussions, literary evenings, meetings, presentations
In 2015 the library prepared 728 events (conversations, reviews, evenings, presentations etc.). In more details mass activity directions were presented in the proper statistical table.
All events are directed on helping to the educational processes, are conducted in reading-rooms, educational audiences, on departments meetings , during university events. A library forms multimedia virtual exhibitions and viewing, virtual photo-gallery, buktreylery, videoreports, videos-lectures and other videoproducts.
Events reports are published on a website, blog and library's channel on Youtube.
A library is available in social networks: "Odnoklasniki", "Vkontakte", "Facebook". We use social networks with the purpose of establishment of more close contacts with our virtual readers, for popularization of books, reading, libraries. Library specialists conduct virtual marketings researches and express-questioning.
Due to events conducted by a library, students broaden their minds, get new knowledge, which can be used for the studing, research and educational purposes.